Human Identity Authentication

The point of Human Identity Authentication is every node is tied to an individual human. There are no anonymous node operators. 1 human per vote no matter how many nodes or wallets you have.

Ask Me Anything with CEO
Ask Me Anything with CEO

then each member should be registered, to avoid having many false names of the same person.
In any case, how does it work?

No names. It’s tied to you as a human retinal scan and/or other methods to identify you as an individual human.

traditional authentication methods wouldn’t work. so we are using state of the art homomorphic encryption and human identity authentication methods to secure our governance system

ok perfect, in each vote will ask for ocular validation through some kind of application?

Yes. more details to follow will be explained in updated white paper

ok perfect , thanks scott .

Could this be used as a form of 2 factor authentication , so coins can be more secure

2 factor authentication is using something you have, so with Human Identity Authentication you authenticate with your retina and other methods to validate you as an individual human being. So theoretically it could be used for 2FA, but of course that is way off, and I do not know if that is an use case we will implement.

Two questions arise:

• This “kicked off” sounds like censorship which is not really pro blockchain but OK maybe a mis interpretation from my part.
  • How would “we” know the personal data is not hijacked/used for other means (e.g. facebook isms)

A node which is a bad actor would be banned from the network, the node is tied to a individual human being through Human Identity Authentication.

Also, an individual does a proposal, receives funding, but then disappears stealing the money the community given to them, they would not be allowed to submit any proposals in the future, and banned from the network because they are a bad actor.

The personal data you are talking about is the person’s eyeballs. Through collection of their retina scans, which is encrypted on our network, and validated during authentication.

Will I have to buy a 4k webcam for the retina scan? jjaja

I wouldn’t go out and buy anything yet. Human Identity Authentication won’t be released until after Trust Contracts are launched on MainNet, so you have some time.

How are the eyes going to be scanned if one is just using an ordinary laptop to run their node and/or what other methods will be available for identification?

I’m sure that will be disclosed in due time. Perhaps that will be included in white paper 2.0 but I haven’t seen the complete update so I’m not sure.

This makes sense, as node operators have more power. So it’s not like all BOScoin users would need to do this. The big challenge is the actual bio-metric identification. How would BOScoin team/community verify that the bio-metric identification tool has not been tampered with? I imagine that it would be a bit like passwords, where only the hash of the bio-metric data is transmitted. In other words, the bio-metric data would be digitised and end up as numbers eventually, same as passwords. How would the network know that a node operator did not register a long password instead of bio-metric data? The only way I can think of right now is that a bio-metric data capture is done online. However this would lead to some concerns with a slight loss of anonymity.

With homomorphic encryption the biometric data is encrypted and stored on chain and can be processed, validated, and return a result which is all encrypted throughout the process.

Homomorphic encryption is a form of encryption that allows computation on ciphertexts, generating an encrypted result which, when decrypted, matches the result of the operations as if they had been performed on the plaintext. The purpose of homomorphic encryption is to allow computation on encrypted data.

Hi, I would do some more reading, but my concern is around the capture of the biometric data, before any form of encryption or computation. That is, how would we ensure the data being captured is genuine biometric data?