Fake BOScoin price at HitBTC

I don’t know why exactly people are taking into consideration the current price of BOScoin at Coinmarketcap and HitBTC and even trade over the counter taking that price as a reference. The only place where Boscoin is being “sold” is at HitBTC and there you can only buy a promise that HitBTC will give you your BOScoin in the future when they are available on other exchanges. It’s very funny that they are trading an IOU instead of working on implementing the actual coin and sell the actual coin as Kucoin is. Now even HitBTC hides the fact that it’s an IOU and it simply say ‘withdraws are under technical maintenance’.

If you buy the BOScoin IOU at HitBTC you won’t be able to withdraw it as obviously they sold you a promise but what is more important and the reason why the price is artificially high is that people wanting to sell their BOScoin can’t deposit them at HitBTC and sell them at the current price (today $2.49). Zero sellers, only buyers: crazy price. If the IOU would reflect the actual coin price, BOScoin would have reached a market cap of $3,500,000,000 for a not even released coin, are we crazy?

I like BOScoin a lot and I plant to create a node to support the network but it makes me nuts to see people trying to sell fools their BOScoin at the price reflected at HitBTC, a completely artificial price. Is it that the people behind all the work to list the IOU have a special interest on manipulating the price to supposedly bootstrap and boost the price when—finally—BOScoin can be traded at a market? I’m not sure why this is being done and I’m not sure if the BOScoin team is responsible for this but this is close to being a scam as this is a clear intention to manipulate the price. BOScoin is not being traded thus the price shown can’t be the BOScoin price, at most Coinmarketcap should say ‘BOScoin IOU’ and not be part of the history price of the future price of the real BOScoin.

I think ultimately this will affect negatively BOScoin as there will be a mega dip in the market cap charts if the BOScoin IUO and BOScoin prices are considered the same asset (if fact the IOU is a liability and not an asset).

@maesitos could it be that you desperatly want to get enough coins to run a node?
OTC prices = free market of around $1 and higher are being paid, even more by S.Koreans!
Nobody forces people to sell or buy at this prices.
Compare to other blockchains in development e.g. Aeternity.

could it be that you desperatly want to get enough coins to run a node?

I could perfectly buy enough coins at the manipulated price to run a node, sorry but I’m not desperate for anything. Running a node is for me to enjoy and support the network, I have my own business and have other ways to make money.

OTC prices = free market

That’s right but that’s not my point, my point is HitBTC prices = manipulation. It just makes me nauseous to see people take that manipulated price as reference, but yes, they are free to over pay and I’m free to alert them—hopefully.

This is very unhealthy.

Seems you want to stick to your opinion against arguments => price of OTC trades and market valuation of competitors.

Yes, HitBTC doesn’t reflect the free market and I regard HitBTC as a scamy exchange, but most BOScoiners already know that and still give BOScoin a high value for their trades.

On the other hand as I pointed out in my forum post: Why-hitbtc-actually-serves-boscoin-in-5-ways
actually HitBTC is unvoluntrarily doing BOScoin some good, too.
Doesn’t mean I defend their dirty behaviour regarding depositing and withdrawal = free trading in any way.

= free trading in any way.

Yes free trade but not of BOScoin and sold as BOScoin price. That’s my whole point.

This feels a rip off for a newcomer like me. You might be happy as you probably bought on the ICO. Nonetheless you can’t sell at HitBTC if you’d like to as you don’t have the ‘asset’ being sold there.

Wait for the fee fall in the free market.

Be careful he’s probably trying to spend FUD so he or a friend can scoop some coins up cheap. Smh. Nobody can predict if the price will be higher priority lower than iou price.

it may be that hitbtc is altering prices, but still people buy there and give boscoin value, so
when bos is released, people will give the same value soon. and if it’s cheap, buy more. However, I hope we know the truth soon

Yeah, using logic is now called FUD

Yes, the market will tell.

Don’t worry I was the one telling everyone in slack not long after BOScoin’s ICO that hitBTC was a scam as its price for BOScoin was $5.40 straight after the ICO, I was shouted down for my opinion then just as you are now, they take money that would be going into BOScoin’s after launch and give it to a private company which adds nothing to the value of BOScoin when it eventually launches. I was not trying to cause FUD back then to buy at a cheaper price just as you are not now but that doesn’t seem to matter to some people.

Not anymore. Try https://portal.stellarport.io/exchange/alphanum4/BOS/GDCW5YQVHCQCAGUDTZHS5TF6ZNZ2SQSB37BRMBJZIECPOTEXD3Y6BRA2/native/XLM/Stellar

Instruction is here. https://bosanchor.io/

As the writer of the anchor, I’d say yes, it is safe and fully automated. The matter is if you can trust me or not. :slight_smile:
Currently only few trades are made, few hundreds of BOS.

Sorry for unkindness of the instruction. But once you have some XLM in your account(use the same secret seed of your BOS account), everything will look clear.

Hm. Never happened to me. Let me check. Can you try it with StellarTerm for now?

How much XLM do you have in that account? There is minimum required XLM to do anything, just like BOS. To add trust line and make an offer. You need at least 3 XLM.

Yes it’s supper nice but the liquidity is terrible.

This happens with many communities, they are only interested in pumping the price and any comment from a well intentioned person that they think can create FUD or lower the price isn’t welcome. My post is pure logic and if you can’t follow that logic is because one person is illogical—stupid—or he’s interested in that logic not being spread. Also the answers aren’t counterarguments, are only personal attacks (@t-spark has said to me that I might be desperate) and irrational answers.

I also noticed the Telegram bot, when asked the price (/price command) it gives you the price along with a Kucoin link with a referral link! I feel like a cow ready to be milked. So a project that tries to take the most money out of the community by referrals, pumping the price and what not… I think the project is legit and I like it but some behaviours are just really funny.

The space is full of scammers and a solid project needs to have 100% integrity and accept critics. When you are attacked for just talking it’s a symptom of not a healthy environment. It feels like being in the middle of a communist country speaking about private property and individual freedom—you’re gonna get crushed.

Thankfully the bull market is cooling down and stupid money is not around any more, the BOScoin community will pay the consequences of letting this happen and not even warning, avoiding it, or worst, attacking people that do.

Wow that’s dumb as fuck

OK, OK, I think I should give you @maesitos some credit as you seem to be new to BOScoin and Crypto.
Crytpo is wildwest, unregulated in many ways.

And wether you like it or not, its not very often about fairness, logic and rationale.
Unfortunately your first post in this forum smelled of those trying to FUD and bring down the price for their own benefit and entrance.

One must be very careful these days with “info” and “intel” and not fall for the manipulation of others, wether its pump and dump or other tactics.

Btw. BOScoin has no official telegram channel, its privatly managed (No, not by me).
That costs time and efforts.
So why do you bother about a referal link (which is not vaild anymore either)?
Its a way to honour a project or tool or DAPP.
And I appreciate the efforts of those doing this voluntarily and for free.
Nobody forces you to tip or use a referal link.

I bought my first BTC early 2013, I don’t think I’m new. The fact that it’s unregulated doesn’t mean I can’t speak out. In fact I don’t believe in gov. regulations. But still, this is a personal attack and I’m not here to talk about me or if I’m a noob.

So why do you bother about a referal link (which is not vaild anymore either)?
Its a way to honour a project or tool or DAPP.

The 12,000,000$ ICO and the huge number of BOScoins reserved in the budget are more than enough to support any work (at the expense of the investor, in the case of the BOScoins being released creating more circulating supply). 12M is a huge budget for a software of this size.