CTO AMA Video Q/A - Ask your questions here

Please post your questions here for the Next CTO video.

BOS Newsletter - February 5th, 2018
Bos时事通讯 - 2018年2月5日

On our Monday update can we get a regular update of where we are on our timeline/roadmap with an official announcement for any delays?

Could you please explain what is the p2p boscoin exchange? And how it will work? Any current examples? Which trading pairs will be available?

ashmore11 will you guys be releasing a javascript lib like web3 so I can build dApps with BOScoin smart contracts?

Will it be possible to atomic swap for any other coin?

Who are the “world-class AI” and “best in ontology technology” companies that you are meeting with in February? What amount of assistance will they provide in the development of Boscoin?

In a 2016 news article, Blockchain OS Chairman Park Chang-Ki is quoted as saying, “블록체인 서비스의 1차적인 타깃층은 우선 개인보다는 주로 공공기관이나 정부가 될 것” (translation:The primary target audience for block-chain services will be primarily public institutions or governments rather than individuals). Does this target audience strategy still hold true in the current company’s marketing plans?

Can you confirm which marketing model best fits within Boscoin’s overall business strategy: (B2C(business-to-consumer), B2B(business-to-business) or B2G(business-to-government))?

1.Boscoin’s CFO Jinchan Kim is also listed as the CEO of the Delicracy project.
2.Delicracy is built by Governtech(거번테크) and lists BlockchainOS as a partner.
3.Park Chang Ki is listed as CEO of Governtech and Chairman of BlockchainOS.

Can you explain the relationship of all of these separate business entities? What is the purpose and long-term vision of this type of business structure?

1.Boscoin has a relationship with KAIST. Why is Delicracy being developed at 성균관대학교(SKKU)? What other universities are associated with Boscoin or BlockchainOS? What level of assistance are they providing?

2.Who is 다른백년 (The Tomorrow) and what is their relationship with the Delicracy Project?

What happened with Boscoin’s partnership with Cosmos?

Again about the problem of a congestion of BOS blockchain with some Cryptopuppies, DDoS attack or by a technical problem.

Sry to say that but your reply from the first AMA session didn’t satisfy me.
Of course the congress has some responsibility to choose those DAPPs wisely running on BOSnet, but my approach was more on a technical level.

Regardless the speed of a Network it will run into a congestion problem after a while. Thats a given.
Let me point out a suggestion, instead of a question, how to make sure of a running network under heavy load:

If we can categorize each DAPP, tool and function and assign a priority level to them, we can keep main functions of the Network alive.

Let me explain.
I think its clear that the highest priority level should be assigned to the OS functions of the Network to be able to run. The next highest level should be assigned to transactions of BOScoins to any BOScoin account (remember the hassle at Ethereum when people have to wait for their payments and transfers because of to low gas and too heavy network load).
A level lower again Dapps (except games) with need of Oracle or other outside (the network) feedback.
Another level lower DAPPs with no need for external feeds.
And on the lowest level games, fun DAPPs which tend to use the most bandwith(Cryptopuppies).

As long as the Network is running below their bandwith limit the priority assignment to all DAPPs can slumber, BUT as soon as the Netwok runs into congestion the priority assignment comes into action and keeps all important functions alive. That means only the Cryptopuppies/games will feel the congestion.
And a malfunctioning DAPP is being isolated.

To achieve that, I thought about lanes (well, I’m not a dev and there might be a totally different and better approach. Mine is just an example).
Each tx has an end number between 0 and F. That means we have 16 lanes. And we can assign the priority level to those lanes. In case of a congestion the DAPPs can only run on their tx lane and the DAPP causing the congestion is isolated and limited to its assigned lane, while other DAPPs can run freely and won’t feel the congestion.

What do you think?

Are there any other projects like BOSolar that you can tell us about that are being built on BOScoin’s platform besides Delicracy and Stardaq?

Hi David you probably didn’t want to ask me that (wrong reply) but reply to Yezune or BOSteam in general :slight_smile:

when do you expect to have Homomorphic Encryption in boscoin?

Oh sorry I just realised where to press reply, cheers!

As seen in the whitepaper, ill behaving nodes will be penalized and I remember you said at slack slow nodes will also get penalty. Can you elaborate it more? How is it different from Ethereum’s casper. How will you keep the network from various attacks. For example, some node operators can DDOS other nodes in order to maximize his income.

taking advantage of the previous question, we know the minimum / optimal requirements for the node?. I know it was said that it can run on a raspberry pi, but do you know something more concrete for optimal performance?
For example, here are some requirements for another node:
Computer or device with recent versions of Windows, Mac OS X or Linux.
80GB of minimum free disk space.
2GB of RAM.
An Internet connection with at least 400 kilobits (50 kilobytes) / second.
If you want1 to have a complete node a minimum of 6h a day available and acting as node.

In a recent news letter I believe it was January 29 edition. BOScoin said it was going to use smart contracts to add features to the network as opposed to adding new coins like ethereum does. Can you elaborate on the expected economic impact that is expected. Also could you give an example and elaborate about any features that are in the pipeline.

how will BOSolar differ from POWR Ledger? Can you briefly explain BOSolar and how it works?